It’s White Wednesday, brought to us by the lovely and Kathleen at www.fadedcharmedcottage.blogspot.com Visit Kathleen and other White Wednesday participants if the color white makes your heart throb…and if it doesn’t!
It’s a week after Labor Day, but here in California, even though we had a good rain last Saturday, including thunder and lightening, we’re still experiencing very warm weather, and I’m still wearing white. Every time I get dressed, though, I wonder if I’m out of style, so I decided to look up the proper etiquette for wearing white. This is what I found:
The following article is courtesy of:
The new rules on wearing white after Labor Day:
1) Fabric matters- Summer fabrics must go. (Think linen or anything breezy). This is unequivocal. However, classic winter fabrics: wool, cashmere, angora are acceptable and often quite chic. Also, it's probably a good idea to move away from the really bright white. Winter white is there for a reason.
2) White outerwear is HOT as long as you keep it clean- I can personally attest to this. I had a white puffer coat with a faux fur hood that was absolutely darling; that is until it got dirty. Afterwards, not so much. There's nothing worse than dirty white. White outerwear needs routine maintenance so plan accordingly. However, if you find the right white coat-- Magic.
3) Nix the head-to-toe- white ensembles- White, when worn in the fall or winter, should be paired with traditional fall/winter colors to create balance. Rich greens, ambers etc. are great for fall, and of course, black brings instant sophistication.
4) White denim is now "in" year round- I know this one may scratch a few heads, but many fashion experts dig white denim after September, particularly when paired with boots and a nice plush sweater.
5) For the love of GOD, NO white legwear- Okay this one's mine. I once heard someone say that only two kinds of people should wear white hosiery, that's little girls and nurses. Truer words have never been spoken. Sorry.
6) At the end of the day, its really up to you. My mantra is that it's all about personal style. (That is, unless you are thinking about wearing white shoes (shoes, not boots)). That's where we absolutely must draw the line. :)
Ladies, what do you think ? White after Labor Day? Yeah or Nay?
God bless everyone, and God bless America, land that I love. God bless our troops, their families, our government leaders, and those that are out of work.
Please continue praying for all of our friends in blogland…there are many, some with very serious conditions and waiting for a miracle.