WELCOME SPRING!

Monday, September 7, 2009

~Tea Things Tuesday~

Welcome to my tea cottage, where tea is always the main item on the menu!   Kim at www.shabbypinkandpretty.blogspot.com is  our lovely hostess for the newly named Tea Things Tuesday.  She’s waiting for you to join her and other participants that have some wonderful tea things to show you!

The lazy days of summer are quickly slipping away, and I’m sorry to see it go.  On the other hand, even though I enjoy taking tea in any weather, there is a certain advantage to sipping a hot cup when it is a little cooler outside.  There is an ambiance when candles are lit, warm scones sit atop a laced doilied plate stand, and the teapot steam is filling the room with the fragrance of ginger spice, or lavender, or wonderful Earl Grey tea.  I can’t think of anything I enjoy more than my morning, afternoon and evening tradition of tea.

This is one of my most recent buy from Home Goods.   Even though I have very little blue in my living areas, because this tea set is a creamy white color and adorned with pink flowers, it fits beautifully in my house, and I enjoy using it very much.   The teapot is a perfect size for two, because we tend to drink several cups of tea, or for 4, if you can stop at only 2 cups! 

  

teapot1

 

We’re having tea in the living room today.  I’m using the “coffee” table that is the “tea” table in my house!  This lovely Quaker lace tablecloth was purchased from ebay for $8.00 plus shipping of $3.00. 

 tea party with blue lady

The little glass bowl that I’m using for honey came with the spoon.  I got it at my favorite thrift store for $8.00.

cream and sugar

I fell in love with this tin watering can.  It makes a pretty centerpiece for this tea table setting, matching colors to the teapot perfectly.

This picture was taken on a different table in the living room, but I found that it was too crowded, so I moved everything to the larger table in front of the sofa.

teapot and watering can

 

These two darling little ladies are a Dollar Tree purchase.  I also bought them in green…I can’t wait to use them for a tea that I’m planning that will serve 6..they will be the favors I will give to my guests…that is, if I can bear to part with them!

blue ladies 2

Is she sweet, or what?

blue lady

These lovely creamy white teacups and matching sandwich plate was a gift from a good friend.  The matching cake stand was a Home Goods buy.

blue watering can 3

tea party with blue lady

The teapot warmer has been discontinued, but can still be found at tea parlors occasionally. 

blue teapot4

tea party in living room

More pictures on the smaller table by the window..it’s really nice sitting here in the wing chair, where I can look outside onto the yard and pool…very relaxing.

teatableatwindow6 

tea table by window  blue tea table 3

I do hope you’ve enjoy visiting my tea cottage today.  I would love to put the tea kettle on and fill this pretty teapot with your favorite flavor, take the scones out of the oven, and enjoy a wonderful conversation with you…even if we just sip and don’t talk at all!

Do come back and visit again…I’m always open, and you’re always welcome!  Now be sure to visit Kim for other pretty tea things!

Please continue to pray for our country as our leaders make serious decisions that will have long lasting effects on all of us.  And please continue to pray for our troops…the war seems to have moved from one country to another, but not any better.  Pray for their safety, their quick return home, and for peace for their families, who wait anxiously till their loved one is in their arms once again.

God bless you all!

Mary

46 comments:

  1. All your tea things are lovely. I really like the teapot. That watering can is very pretty and the flowers compliment it perfectly. What a beautiful setting for tea for two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary!
    How beautiful is this tea party? I am knocking on the foor sweetie, let me in. I will take no sugar in my tea, and 1 or 2 of the scrumptous looking strawberries. Yummy for sure. Love the tea set as it is so beautiful, and the little watering can just falls in place with the rest. Oh Mary, I would so love to get together with you when you come to Phoenix. Please give me a call. I will email you my numbers and such. I will be leaving the end of the month to go home to Oklahoma, and be gone there through the 17th of October. The week of the 19th I will be in Utah for work, and then be back the last week of October through the rest of the season, unless I have to travel for work. Sometimes I have no warning, but I will email you and give you my numbers. Tea would be so lovely, and I will bring some other Arizonans in also. I know Marty loves tea parties, and ofcourse Jamie. We will get it all set up. Talk to you soon. Thanks for stopping by as always. Country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,
    What a beautiful tea setting! Every little detail is just so pretty...and your roses are gorgeous! I know how much you put into everything you do...just amazing!
    Prayers are being said for our country at this time and for our brave troops as they fight to protect our country and our freedom.
    Many hugs,
    ~Lynn♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Mary and thank you for visiting my blog! What lovely tea things you have. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post. Makes you want to just sink down on the sofa and stay awhile! Love all the pretty things! Isn't Home Goods just the best?
    Thanks for sharing! Karen - Some Days Are Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tea setting. The little girls are precious and the colors all look so lovely together. Enjoy a cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary....Oh how I wish I could come to your house for tea! It all looks so pretty and relaxing! Thanks for the info on the teapot warmer in your post. I will be looking for one of those!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary everything is just stunning. I love the beautiful flowers and colors of the tea set. Your watering can is so perfect with it all. The cups and saucers are gorgeous as well as all the other wonderful accessories. It looks just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary...It is all so beautiful my friend. Love it all. Home Good is sooo fabulous but we don't have one in Oklahoma. Boo Hoo! We have to drive Dallas to find one! Someday!

    Love to you. Your blog is beautiful and uplifting!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so lovely. I just love those white teacups and tray.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Everything is so beautiful and inviting !I love the home goods store & the dollar tree ,also.Thanks so much for stopping by my GWTW Ball post& leaving the sweet comment.8-)
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tea time, beautiful teapot.
    Saludos
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice tea setting. The scones sound good.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mary,

    What a beautiful tea post! I did see the creamer and sugar bowl that you have at Homegoods. I didn't see the teapot though. I will have to go and look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Mary, what a beautiful setting, it makes one feel welcome, cozy and comfy....I love your choice of dishes and really loved the white teacups....Enjoy you day .....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary,
    Thanks for stopping by our blog. I love you tea party. How relaxing.
    Also thank you for being a vessel for Jesus. What a blessing.
    Hope that you have a blessed week.
    Much Love and Prayers, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, one thought, on the precious baby doll, who is your favorite women of the Bible? Maybe names her after that person... I love her, she is sweet, reminds me of my girls when little I would dress them in their pretty long dresses, and then let them go bearfoot to church.... so sweet. Hannah thinks you should name her Lisa or Mary, and Sarah thinks you should name her Madaline.... I love the name Rebecca and Ruth. Good Luck... Much Love and prayers, Lori and girls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Mary, such a lovely tea setting. Everything goes well together, blue, white and pink roses. Really lovely.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty tea set Mary. Very cottage looking and exactly to my liking. You always do such a wonderful job putting together your tablescapes. I honestly don't know how you find the time, but I'm so glad you do as it gives us all so much eye candy to see. I bet you must have loved to play house when you were a little girl and I think you still do... :-)

    Hope you have a wonderful week. I'll be back to visit again soon.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty.
    I bought some little figurines similar to yours at our dollar store. Good deal I'd say.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mary,
    That is was a all so lovely.

    Love you tea pot, sugar, creamer set.
    And yes, you ladies are lovely.
    My fave is the one with the wreath.

    About the tray instructions:
    I put a very brief description of what i did on the post, but i am glad to send you detailed any time. Just let me know.
    I'm glad you liked them.

    See you soon.
    Blessings
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi again, Mary
    I wish every blogger would copy the post about the wise doctor. I received it in an email from a friend. It does need to get around - my opinion.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mary! What a lovely tea party! Your teapot is beautiful and you even have the creamer and sugar! The little ladies look like Llardo! They're so pretty! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mary,
    I love your tea cups and tea pot collections. I collect them too. Where do you find most of your beautiful collection? I find mine at flea markets mostly. I love to collect them. Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whaaaaaaaaaat a beautiful display!!! Just lovely!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mary, beautiful post, I love the teapot and all the dishes. I would enjoy having tea with you. Please check my blog and click on the gadget for the shabbyshoplane giveaway. A bunch of us vendors have come together and donated items for the giveaway. They will all be put into a gorgeous hat box. This will be a monthly giveaway, so be sure to sign up, take care and catch you later, good luck, Char

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there!
    The china is very pretty and the little ladies are sweet.
    May you have a great September.
    It seems to be getting away from me as well.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just lovely! Makes me want to run out and buy a new pretty teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Mary, What a lovely tea setting this is; I love the little bit of blue in it. In fact I like how those figurines match up perfectly with your tea set. You do an amazing job putting it all together!!

    Enjoy your day-

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very, very pretty tea set. The tablecloth is wonderful!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tea, how absolutely gracious and lovely. Your entire tea setting is filled with such grace.....I love it!!!!! Wow, wow.

    Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! I saw two comments on here from my wife, Charlotte. I agree with her. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely tea table. Anyone would feel treasured to share tea with you there.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! Your blog is so beautiful, and your settings a delight to the senses. I can almost smell the lovely smells. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Always know where to go for beautiful things. There's always tea at your place. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Mary,
    I always love dropping by for a visit with you. You always have some lovely and elegant things to show. I love, love, love, the teapot, creamer and sugar. Everything is just perfect! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautiful way to spend the day. Were those trays milk glass.


    come visit
    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the teapot Mary. It looks so Cath Kidston-ish. Everything is just lovely.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is a very beautiful tea setting! Both tablecloths are so pretty too!
    I would love to be there sipping a cup of tea with you!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  40. Que preciosa mesa de té, las estatuita muy finas y delicadas, un encanto, y si Mary oramos por tu país porque las deciciona que toman nos afecta a todos, todavían son una potencia mundial, y la crisis ya pasará. Chany.-

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your pretty new teapot. Everything looks just beautiful. I really like the red toile pillow on the chair in front of the window; I think it looks like a perfect spot to have some tea.

    Your blog looks great by the way. I just love the header.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh, Mary your whole tea setting was beautiful, I couldn't decide which item I loved the most, but I thing if I was forced to choice it would be the watering can....no, maybe the lovely lady in blue...or the cake plate...hummm the table cloth is hard to bet...oh my it is all perfect and perfectly set together.
    I'm so glad I found your blog.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a beautiful setting! And I too love a "spot of tea"! I have friends in Barnstaple, England, and when I am there they always take me some place for tea with scones, clotted cream, and strawberry jam! It is the most lovely tradition. Thank you for reminding me of them!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What pretty things, Mary. THank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a beautiful tea time tablescape! I just love Home Goods, wish we had one closer.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete